This summer, one of the biggest color trends is somewhat unexpected: it’s yellow. It is unexpected because yellow is a bold, in-your-face color that you don’t typically see everyone wearing. It is not exactly a color you wear when trying to play it safe. A lot of people say that they can’t wear yellow out of fear of looking like a bumblebee, or it just isn’t flattering on them. I know most people are not the type to blindly follow trends that do not speak to their unique sense of style. But now and then, a style reaches a level of distinction that makes it actually worth embracing no matter your fashion sense. This summer, the color yellow is that sensation. It has managed to rise above the fray of this spring and summer. Here are a few ways to wear this resplendent hue to add a ray of sunshine in summer.
- If you’re not afraid of wearing yellow, you can do yellow on yellow or a full solid yellow piece. Make it work by pairing two different shades of yellow where one is bold and the other light and almost sheer.
2. You can easily wear yellow as a top. The hue pairs fabulously with neutral pants like black, white, or blue jeans. If yellow on its own is too bold for you, combine it with a blazer in a neutral color, which will make you look vibrant without the brightness of the color overpowering you too much.
3. If you don’t like the color too close to your face, opt for yellow pants instead. Yellow pants are not easy to find. So if you’re lucky enough to get a pair that you absolutely love, do not let the opportunity pass you by.
4. You can also opt for a yellow skirt. Yellow skirts are to be adored. Whether mini or maxi, a yellow skirt is a summer must-have.
5. If you’re not ready for yellow clothing yet, try yellow accessories instead. Adding a bit of yellow here and there like in shoes, nails, or bags, can have a huge impact on your outfit. It takes a look from boring to exciting, especially if it includes neutral colors.
6. If you like the happy yellow vibe but still don’t want to go all out with the color, then go for a print that includes the color. Prints are currently on trend, so you will have little trouble finding an outfit that combines yellow with other colors you like.
So go ahead and embrace the color yellow wholeheartedly to energize your neutral wardrobe with a shot of vibrant color to achieve a refreshingly versatile look this summer.